Is Twitter a Google Killer? Not Yet

Warning: today's column is strictly editorial, so those of you looking for actionable tips might want to check back in next week.

I have been reading a lot about the impending demise of Google for months, even years now. Most recently, it's Twitter search that's expected to push into Google's marketshare.

I pay attention to these things, and because of my involvement in the industry, I guess I'm probably an early adopter (earlier than the typical person). But, because of my years in the SEO Industry, I'm also not one to have knee-jerk reactions when it comes to strategy. I have to be considerate of the long term, while not ignoring the short term.

Let me back up first and provide a little personal history.

My initial involvement in the Interactive industry came when I started working at Lycos, back in early 2000. At that time, Lycos was a pretty big player in search, with both lycos.com and hotbot.com. There was much discussion at the time as to who would be the remaining "Big 3" that would eventually win the search wars. Mind you, the search engines that were considered at that time were Lycos, AOL, MSN, Yahoo, AltaVista, and Excite.

Read for more

By Mark Jackson, Search Engine Watch,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

with the leading development changes taking place with Mobile app development IoT Development or blockchain development it has bought a greater shift in the overall development with Search Engine Optimisation and Internet Marketing.

Powered By Blogger